Ludlum Model 19 MicroR/Ratemeter
The Model 19 is a highly sensitive gamma R/meter employing an internally housed, 2.5 cm diameter by 2.5 cm thick (1.0 x 1.0 in.) NaI detector. The measuring range is 0-50 v/h (0-5000 R/hr). The cast aluminum instrument housing with its separate battery compartment and accompanying metal handle offer an industrial robustness and quality that promote long lasting protection and instrument life.
The front-panel controls include a rotary switch for selecting the five-decade range and instrument shut-off, an audio on/off switch, a fast/slow response switch, and pushbuttons for activating the meter lamp, high-voltage display, battery test, and count reset.
- Rotary knob selector: 0-25, 0-50, 0-250, 0-500, 0-5000 r/hr, instrument off
- Response: toggle switch for fast (4 seconds) or slow (22 seconds) from 10% to 90% of final reading
- Audio: built-in unimorph speaker with on/off switch (greater than 60 db at 0.6 meters [2 ft])
- High voltage: pushbutton to display hv setting on meter
- Battery: pushbutton checks battery voltage
- Reset: pushbutton to zero meter
- Lamp: pushbutton to activate meter light
- Calibration controls: accessible from front of instrument (protective cover provided)